Thursday, May 21, 2009

6 Books for $14!!

I needed some retail therapy today and decided to stumble into Garden Ridge. I've never been there before and I still don't quite know how to describe the store, but that's neither here nor there. Point of the post--I purchased 6 books for $14!! That's cheaper even than the postage to exchange them on PBS. Now you may be thinking to yourself, "They must be crappy books." But they aren't!

I got two Sarah Dessen books. I read Truth About Forever a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it so I figured, "why not?"

I think the book I'm most excited about is A Thousand Splendid Suns. I absolutely loved Kite Runner and I've been too cheap to buy ATSS off of Amazon. Not surprising, ATSS was the most expensive of the bunch, a whopping $4.

I've heard great things about Sara Donati's Into the Wilderness series. I have that particular book waiting for me on my bookshelf and tonight I picked up another Donati book--Queen of Swords.

For the other two books, one is by an author I liked before and the other just sounded fun; Sacred Time by Ursula Hegi and Miss Understanding by Stephanie Lessing, respectively.

Now the challenge is finding time to read these plus the ones waiting on my bookshelf. (I have read 10 books so far this year though).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...