Sunday, May 10, 2009

Kettle Corn!

I heart kettle corn and the microwave version just doesn't compare to the fair's. I decided to give making it at home a try. I was pleasantly surprised with the results! It didn't take more than five minutes and really wasn't a hard clean up either. I'm definitely making it more often!

I watched this mom's you tube video and used her technique of three seconds on the heat, three seconds off. I used Rachel Ray's recipe.

1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 kernels
1/4 sugar
Salt to taste

  • I heated my pot and then placed three kernels in the oil. Once I heard three pops I knew the oil was hot enough.
  • Pour in the kernels and the sugar, stir quickly
  • Keep pot on heat 3 seconds, take off shake pot three seconds. Repeat until popping stops.
  • Pour popped corn into large bowl, stir in salt.
  • Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...