Saturday, May 23, 2009

I think my neighbor killed a turkey...

This is really upsetting me actually. We have wild turkeys that roam around our neighborhood. I don't know where they came from originally, but they've made themselves home here. They don't bother anyone and don't even leave turkey terds around for us to pick up.

This morning I look out my window and see one of our neighbors carrying a turkey by its neck to his house. I can only assume he killed it because otherwise the turkeys run away as soon as people get close. I didn't hear any gunshots and who knows about bow and arrows, so I'm truly hoping someone hit the turkey with their car and that's how he got it. I really hope he wasn't hunting the turkeys because we have kids in our neighborhood and that's just downright risky.

I went out for a little and when I returned a couple of hours later, he's on his porch skinning the turkey. Don't get me wrong, I love turkey breast, but these are the wild turkeys of our neighborhood. I just find the whole situation odd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...