Saturday, April 11, 2009

Chicken ~N~ Dumplings

Last Sunday was a totally crappy weather day and I really wanted some good ol' warm comfort food. I decided to make chicken and dumplings for the first time and they were much easier than I thought they'd be. I can totally see myself making them again. I basically used this recipe.

First I boiled 3 frozen chicken breasts with some cut onion, a bay leaf, parsley, and garlic for a good 2 hours or so. Next time I'll use 4 chicken breasts and hope I have celery in the house too...

After the chicken finished cooking, I saved the liquid to use as chicken stock to boil the dumplings. I added a little lemon juice and fresh ground pepper. Next time I might use just a little less lemon juice.
I think rolling the dumplings was the most difficult part for me...I have a hard time finding just the amount of flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the pin. Oh well, they still tasted quite yummy.

And here's the final product. Oh, and guess what?! Joe liked them too, gasp! I'm definitely making these again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...