Saturday, April 18, 2009

I must have made quite the impression...

...at the doctor's office last time. Yesterday I went to the doctor's to get a form for school taken care of, yada yada. I've been anemic in the past and more recently I've been extremely tired. My fatigue is likely due to med school, but it doesn't hurt to check my iron levels. Last time I was at the doc's, he wanted to check my iron levels but I passed out on the 3rd stick and said that's enough, no more. Well yesterday the nurse who stuck me once last time didn't even try yesterday, she immediately called in her back-up--the phlebotomist I passed out on last time! I don't think he likes having patients pass out on him...he checked both my arms and both my hands and wasn't satisfied--he proceeded to call in his back up. Well lo and behold, the veteran phlebotomist got me on the first stick and I didn't even bat an eye. She did say my veins are small, a little hard to find, and proceeded to use a butterfly needle...gosh help me and the nurses when I get pregnant and they have to put a larger needle in. Oh well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...