Saturday, July 24, 2010

Black Bean Corn Salsa

Wonder where my recipes have been? Well, I've been just a tiny bit busy with intern year and family life. I made this dip for a July 4th party and it was a hit! I didn't get a chance to take a picture though. I ended up doubling the recipe below and I'm glad I did, just because there were 30-40 people at the party.

Recipe from CDKitchen

Serves/Makes: 5 cups

Ingredients:
1 (15 oz.) can black beans ( rinsed and drained)
1 cup frozen corn kernels (thawed)
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons lime juice
8 small green onions - chopped ( use some of the stem also)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
** Optional **
1 small green chili chopped or have used crushed red pepper - go lightly

Directions:
Mix all the above well. Refrigerate over night to let flavors blend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...