Sunday, September 19, 2010

Alice I Have Been

Alice I Have BeenAlice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Honestly this book was tortuous to get through, but I did, so I'll give it two stars in stead of one. I understand the concept of the book--Benjamin wanted to give the world a glimpse into the girl who was Alice in the story, but it just wasn't keeping my attention. Alice had too many plots in her life and Benjamin tried to weave them all together, but it just didn't work. Even by the end of the book, I really didn't feel any feelings towards the characters. Sometimes I don't like the characters themselves, but at least that means the author did a good job developing a strong character. These characters were mostly names in books and didn't invoke any feelings or emotions from me.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...