Tuesday, October 12, 2010

White Chicken Chili


The seasons have started to change again, and that means it's time to break out some new soup recipes. I wanted something hearty that I could take for lunch and have heard tons of great things about white chicken chili, so I decided to give it a try. I find I tend to think I like my foods spicier than I really do. I added a jalapeno and a jar of diced chilis, and it was just a little too spicy for me. Other than that, definitely nice and hearty, and delicious of course!

Recipe adapted from Le Petit Pierogi

INGREDIENTS

1 lb. BS chicken, cubed (about 2 large breasts)
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1-1/2 t. garlic powder (I used 3 cloves of freshly minced garlic instead)
1 T. oil
2 15 ½ oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
14 ½ oz. can chicken broth
1 4 oz. cans green chilies (I used 1 can which I thought was the perfect amount of heat for me)
1 t. salt
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. dried oregano
½ t. pepper
¼ t. cayenne pepper
8 oz. container sour cream
4 cup whipping cream

DIRECTIONS

In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté chicken, onion, jalapeno, and garlic in oil until no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilis and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...