Monday, July 11, 2011

Brie en Croute

After this post, I'm finally caught up on all of my Easter dishes.

I really enjoy Brie and love when it's melted. I stay simple this time and just did Brie and puff pastry. My family didn't rave about it as much as I hoped, so I doubt I'll experiment with new fillings any time soon.

Recipe from Pepperidge Farm

INGREDIENTS
1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed according to package directions
1 (8-ounce) Brie cheese round
1 egg
1 tablespoon water

DIRECTIONS
*Heat the oven to 400°F. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Place the cheese in the center. Fold the pastry up over the cheese to cover. Trim the excess pastry and press to seal. Reserve the pastry scraps for decoration.
*Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. Brush the seam of the pastry with the egg mixture. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Decorate with the pastry scraps, if desired. Brush with the egg mixture.
*Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let stand for 20 minutes before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...