Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Baptism and Hurricane Sandy

R2D2 was baptized this weekend!  Fortunately the winds and forces of Hurricane Sandy didn't come until the evening.  I'm still finding my own way back to the Catholic Church, but I'm glad we've welcomed her formally in the church. 

We live on the East Coast and pretty darn close to where the eye of the storm passed.  We lost power for about 24 hours, but that was the worst of it for us.  I am beyond thankful we're so safe.  My mother in law had some roof leaks, which isn't good, and my parents had some mild flooding in the basement.  It could all be worse.  Thank you for all the workers who helped restore our power and with the clean-up!  I was fortunate to not be on inpatient rotations and given my distance to the hospital, I didn't have to voyage out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...