Saturday, January 19, 2013

Why We're So Tired - Our Child Care Arrangments

Joe and I keep telling each other how tired we are.  Well, let's talk child care.  Joe works nights part time.  When I was pregnant he offered to stay home with R2D2 during the day. For the most part, this has worked out very well.  We don't have to pack a bag for her every morning, she has yet to have a real cold, etc.  However, this leaves her parents very exhausted.  This week Joe worked 28 hours and I worked 72 hours with two overnight calls.  We are beyond, and I mean beyond, fortunate our families can help so much.  Joe's mom is retired and comes up about twice a week.  Joe runs some errands or catches up on sleep during those days.  We are also spoiled that when our moms come to visit they generally do our laundry as well.  I have also learned to not be shy and I have asked friends to watch her sometimes so we can give our parents a break.

We are exhausted, but this is working for us.  R2D2 and Joe have a great bond and she gets to see her grandparents at least weekly.  I really do not think I would have been able to complete my third year of residency (almost there) and have a newborn with out all of the help of our family and friends!


Amy said...

That sounds exhausting. Hang in there! It sounds like you don't have too much further to go with residency. It's great that you have family close, though!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...