Saturday, October 5, 2013

I decided to wean

Shortly after 14 months I decided to wean and stop breastfeeding this beautiful gal.  When I went back to work just after her first birthday I decided to only breastfeed morning and night.  I was starting to feel a little violated though.  It seemed as soon as I came home from work, she was reaching for me, either lifting my shirt or putting her hand down my shirt.  I feel like she was mostly nursing for comfort, so I decided to stop.  I was fortunate enough to be able to nurse her for over 14 months; the transition has gone well.  After about two days she stopped reaching for me and now our bed time routine consists of more reading and cuddling.  My baby girl is growing up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...