Friday, February 3, 2012

Meet R2D2

Joe and I are excited to announce we're expecting again! I'm due August 4th, 2012. I didn't like calling the baby it, so we've nick named my womb R2D2. I now have an R2D2 keychain, too.

This photo is from our 1st trimester screen. I'm not going to lie, having a miscarriage changed the beginning excitement of pregnancy. I don't think I really let myself start to get excited until our ultrasound last week when I was 12.5 weeks. My body never showed my signs my baby wasn't growing the first time, so I was fearful that would be the case again. I had had two ultrasounds prior to this one and heard the heartbeat on doppler, but that was still earlier in my pregnancy.

So, want to hear my BFP story? After my miscarriage, I jokingly said to Joe, "I hope we're pregnant again by Christmas." Joe responded, "I give you until Thanksgiving." So, despite not expecting my period for another 4-5 days, Thanksgiving morning I took a test. I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought it was too early to get a BFP and also didn't want it to be a false positive. I proceeded to take two more tests, and another each day for the next 5 days or so. I was excited, but instantly fearful at the same time. We were hosting Thanksgiving, and it was tough for us to keep it quiet. Last time we told our parents the day we found out and while I knew if I had/have another miscarriage I'll need my family, we wanted to keep it to ourselves for a little bit. I think I lasted about a week.

I officially enter the 2nd trimester tomorrow. I'm still quite nervous and I know we're not in the clear, but I'm trying to enjoy this time in our lives. I think I'll feel more comfortable when I can start feeling the baby move. I'm getting a small pudge, but it looks more like I've eaten too many cookies. I'm looking forward to this new journey in our lives and I hope things continue to go well.

Also, maybe I'll start posting more now that I'm out of the first trimester...

1 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations!!! I had my suspicions from the lack of posting... ;) I hope you blog all about it! I love reading pregnancy updates.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...