Friday, February 1, 2013

6 Months!

Ok, yes, she's about 6.5 months now that I'm posting this, but I wanted to wait for her 6 month check-up!

On January 31, 2013, she weighed 17lbs 4 ounces (66%) and was 25.5 inches long (25%).  To think I was worried she was a small peanut when she was less than the 5% at 2 months old.  She's still primarily breast milk, taking about 5 ounces every 3 hours during the day.  She gets a formula bottle about once every other day.  I mentioned in her 5 month post that I was going to try to cut out pumping a little bit.  I have stopped staying up just to pump, but I'm still finding myself pumping in the car quite a lot.  I still have a not in my shoulders/neck, but it's such a good use of my time to pump and drive.

I don't want to jinx anything, but I think R2D2's eyes might stay blue.  I hope so because they are such a beautiful color of blue!

In terms of sleep, we're getting there. As most babies are, she's very attune to my schedule.  Since I'm a resident physician, I don't quite have a great, consistent schedule.  Just when we get to sleeping well, my schedule changes.  She has ranged from sleeping 6-10 consecutive hours. She sleeps in her crib at night, but man, we're going to miss the swing for her day-time naps.

R2D2 is rolling around back and forth, it's quite entertaining seeing her use rolling as her mode of transportation.  She's starting slowly to sit up on her own.

Oh man is she a talker though!  We don't have mama or dada yet, but she will sing her heart out.  I love listening to her in the mornings.  She wakes up and talks to herself for a good 5-10 minutes before crying to be picked up.

With her growth spurt, some of her 6 month clothes are getting a little snug on her.  She's not quite in 9 month clothes yet though.  We have a whole box of size 2 diapers left that we received for Christmas.  She could probably move up to size 3 but for now the size 2 is working.

Along with talking, R2D2's favorite activity is the exersaucer.  She jumps, and jumps, and jumps.  Then she spins herself around, plays with another toy, then jumps some more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...