Sunday, January 19, 2014

My First Week of Plated

Well hello there, if I have any followers still!  Blogging has taken even more of a backseat, but that's ok.  The important thing is spending time with my family and friends.  Since my last entry, I have found out that I have passed my pediatric boards, woo hoo!!!

Cooking has also taken a backseat.  It's mostly been that I'm not good with meal planning, so then when I am ready to cook, I don't know what to cook and often don't have all of the ingredients.  Thanks to social media, I saw an advertisement for some food delivery services.  I decided to sign up for plated.  This was my first week, so far, I'm enjoying it.  This week I tried two meals.

First meal, Spanish Chickpea and Spinach Soup
The recipe said it should take about 40-50 minutes to make.  I find making stews often takes longer, and that was the case tonight.  Before adding the spinach, I sauteed it with garlic and olive oil, oh my goodness, deliciousness and a new side!  This was my first time putting a fried egg on my food.  I could have gone with out, I honestly don't think it added much.  I was able to get four meals of this recipe and it was definitely delicious!

Second Meal, Provencal Steak with Purple Potatoes and Green Beans
The rub was a little too much for me, so I ended up scraping it off.  I also felt this took a little longer than 30 minutes to make since I felt my potatoes weren't done in the recommended time.  Either way, it was yummy.

Overall, I was very pleased with my first plated experience.  I'm sure things would have been a little less expensive if I went to the grocery store myself, but truth be told, I'm ok with paying for the convenience.  I loved being back in the kitchen and I'm looking forward to this week's delivery!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...