Tuesday, January 28, 2014

On being a doctor and taking a sick day

I don't know if it's just me or the influence of society, but I have extreme guilt regarding calling in sick today.  Yesterday 1/2 through the day I started feeling sick.  I'll just say I tried to get through it and ended up getting sick between patients.  The other doctors told me I needed to go home, so home I went.  Overnight I developed a fever and I just feel like poo.  The hard part about my profession is that me taking sick days doesn't only affect me, but other patients and my fellow doctors.  It took a little talking to myself, but finally I realized I wouldn't want my well baby being seen by a doc who's fighting the GI bug and has a fever, so back to bed I go.

Oh, and can I just say, it sucks being sick as an adult!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...