Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Honolulu

HonoluluHonolulu by Alan Brennert

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is no doubt better than Brennert's Molakai, and that was pretty darn good too. Historical fiction is my favorite genre and I find myself reading a lot of stories set in Europe. I loved listening to the stories and struggles of the Asian characters and their transition to living in an American settlement. It's amazing how some individuals can be experiencing something so different than others somewhere else in the world during the same time period. I loved the character development, and I really felt Brennert captured emotions on all levels. If you're looking for a touching and inspiring story, I definitely recommend Honolulu.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...