Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Stitch Pink!

I know I'm not the only one who's been affected personally by breast cancer. I was on call this year for Baltimore's Race for the Cure, and couldn't participate. When I saw DMC's Stitch Pink Campaign, I saw another way to help! Unfortunately, this meant I had to put my current cross-stitch project aside, but that's another story. I've been working on this blanket for almost a year and realize the pattern has too many color changes. The kicker, the baby for whom I'm making the blanket is already 4 months old.

I digress. I mailed my cross stitch blocks last week and was wondering if they received them. Today, DMC's blog posted a picture of the blocks they've received thus far...

...and I'm happy to see mine in the pile. So, since they're all alike, how do I know which two are mine? If you look closely at the two blocks in the utmost right corner, you'll see the images are surrounded by a raised rectangle--yup, that's from my annoying hoop for this project. It'll disappear after they stretch and steam the fabric. I'm excited to see how the quilt they're using these for turns out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...