Saturday, January 29, 2011

No-Bake Peanut Butter Tart


Recipe from Joy the Baker

I'm not going to lie, this was a little to rich for me. I usually love anything peanut butter, but I felt like a fat cow after eating it. My friend said it was great with chocolate ice cream and she didn't think it was too rich, so to each their own.

Joy used a nine inch tart pan, I only have a eleven inch pan, so I increased the ingredients accordingly.

First I found the area of a 9 inch circle (63.6 inches) and then the area of a 11 inch circle (95 inches). To find the ratio to increase...95/63.5 = 1.5...let's hope I have enough ingredients...

Nope, I only have one block of cream cheese, which is 8 ounces. 8/6 = 1.333333....so I'll just increase the other ingredients by 1.33 instead.

Why did I do all of this math? I'm really not sure. I'm just a nerd like that.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Tart, adapted from Martha Stewart


For the Crust:
2 cup graham cracker crumbs
8 Tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
pinch of salt

For the Filling:
2 1/3 cups heavy cream, divided
1 and 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cups +1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk

Crust the graham crackers in a food processor, in a plastic back with a rolling pin or with your hands in a bowl. Make sure they are very well crumbled with no large chunks remaining. Add the melted butter and stir thoroughly, making sure all of the crumbs receive some butter love. Pour the graham cracker and butter mixture into a 9-inch tart shell with a removable bottom. Press the mixture along the sides of the tart pan and along the bottom until evenly coated. Carefully place the tart pan in the freezer while you prepare the filling.


To make the filling combine the peanut butter, softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in the bowl of an electric mixer fit with a paddle attachment. You can also use the food processor if you’d like.

Blend the three ingredients until thoroughly incorporated, but don’t over blend or some liquids will separate.

In a separate bowl, whip 1 cup of heavy cream to soft peaks. Add the whipped cream to the peanut butter mixture and fold together until well incorporated.

Remove the tart pan from the freezer and spoon in the peanut butter filling. Spread evenly.

Whip up the remaining cup of heavy cream to stiff peaks and add to the top of the peanut butter filling. Refrigerate for at least two hours, or overnight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...