Recipe adapted from Penzey's Spices
1/2 Cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1 Cup (7.5 ounces) packed brown sugar
1 Cup canned plain pumpkin
1/4 Cup evaporated milk (I used buttermilk)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
11/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. powdered ginger
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1 2/3 Cups (7.08 ounces) flour
2 TB. flour (I used almond flour)
21/2 TB. white sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 TB. butter
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and blend.
- Mix together the pumpkin and evaporated milk and then mix into the butter/sugar mixture.
- Add the baking soda and SPICES and gently mix.
- Lastly, add the flour and stir; don't over stir, it makes the muffins tough.
- Pour the batter into 8 greased large muffin tin cups or 12 regular.
- In a small bowl, blend the streusel ingredients together with a fork until the topping is about the size of small peas.
- Sprinkle the topping over the muffins and then bake at 375° for approximately 22-25 minutes for an 8-muffin batch, 18-22 for a smaller 12-muffin batch.