Monday, October 31, 2011

Beer Bread

Tastefully Simple first introduced me to beer bread, and now I'm quite addicted. I love it accompanied with some soup or in fondue. I also love using different beers and seeing how it affects the taste.

Recipe from Food.com

INGREDIENTS
3 cups (12.75 ounces) flour (sifted)
3 teaspoons baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
1 teaspoon salt (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
1/4 cup sugar
1 (12 ounce) can beer - I like using a dark or heavy beer, try to avoid light beers
1/2 cup melted butter (1/4 cup will do just fine, I used 1/4 cup melted butter in the batter and pour the 1/4 cup on top)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients and beer.
Pour into a greased loaf pan.
Pour melted butter over mixture.
Bake 1 hour, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.

ENJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...