Monday, October 3, 2011

When the Cat's Away...

..the mice will play. Ok, I'm not quite a mouse, but I had a blast taking some food photos today. I had an unexpected day off, so I was able to take advantage of some natural light. I wish it was sunnier out, but oh well.
This weekend I made this table-top. It was inspired by Love and Olive Oil and Confections of a Foodie Bride In this photo, it only has the stain. I've since added some white paint. Despite how hard I tried, I couldn't get an aged look with my paint. I'll see how it looks when it dries, but I think I used too much paint. I still have to stain the otherside of the table top, but I haven't decided if I'm going to paint it or not. (The table top is just the planks, I have it sitting on a tv-dinner stand.)

If you're going to make one of these table tops, which I highly recommend, go straight to Lowe's for the wood. I didn't find it at Home Depot and it was about a third more expensive at the craft stores. Over all, it was super easy to make.
Well, back to taking food photos. From reading food blogs for a couple of years now, I've learned white boards help bounce the light. I agree, they add such an affect. It was nice having the natural light and my "studio" set up for two sittings before hubby came home. No fear, deary, we have our dining room back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...