Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Holy Crap, Lent Starts Tomorrow!

I feel completely detached from the outside world this year. I didn't even realize tomorrow is Ash Wednesday until the hospital cafeteria was promoting Fat Tuesday today. If I had been fulfilling one of my New Year's Resolutions (going to church) I'm sure I would have known Lent was so near. So, that being said, I hope to use Lent to redevelop my faith, or at least get a jump start on redevelopment. I'm picking up a faith related book and will try my darnest to go to mass every Saturday or Sunday. One of my friends said it best, faith requires work. I never realized how true that is until I stopped putting as much effort into my faith life.

1 comments:

Cassidy said...

Hey-just subscribed to your blog and just wanted to tell you that I completely understand how you feel! It is amazing how disconnected I feel from God when we miss church (like this past weekend, I somehow slept til 10:30 which NEVER happens) or when I'm not spending actual time in prayer every day. I know it's not about church, necessarily, but taking the time to sit and focus on God every week is so needed sometimes! So anyway-I'm right there with you and just wanted to encourage you too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...