Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Look Out World!

Tonight I officially start my residency. I'm on nights, so I'll be responsible for doing the admissions and answering any questions that come up overnight. I'm not really a night person and I've been trying to shift my sleep schedule the past couple of days, but was unsuccessful. I have about 6 hours before I need to leave our apartment, so I'm going to try to take a nap for a little bit.

I'm both nervous and excited. There's a senior resident working with me, so I'm not completely on my own, but this is the first time I'll be actually responsible. If I feel like a kid needs tylenol for the fever, I can actually order it--I don't have to ask someone else. I know I have more emotions running through me right now, but I don't really know how to express them. Nothing bad or stressful, but just kind of in awe that I'm actually here. I had a dream, I stuck to it, and now I'm seeing it come into fruition.

1 comments:

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do wonderful :o) And you are at a fantastic hospital.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...