Monday, June 13, 2011

Berry Crumble/Crisp

Mind you, I'm about 2 months (if not more) behind on my blogging. Back in April I was craving some the joys of summer and opted to give a Berry crumble a try. The crumble topping, OMG, that was amazing! My filling, however, was way too soggy. Next time I might try more cornstarch. Since I loved the crumble top so much, I'm sure I'll be experimenting again some time.

Inspired by Sophisticated Gourment, Joy The Baker, and Pioneer Woman

INGREDIENTS

Filling
* 2-½ cups Berries. I used black, blue, and strawberries
* 1 Tablespoon (Heaping) Corn Starch
* ⅔ cups Sugar - 4.75 ounces
* 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Crumble
* 3/4 cup All-purpose Flour - 3.19 ounces
* 1/4 cup almond flour - .85 ounces
* ¼ cups Sugar 1.75 ounces
* ¼ cups Brown Sugar - 1.81
* 1/2 cups Oats
* ¼ cups slivered almonds, I used chopped
* Dash Of Salt
* ¾ sticks Butter, Cut Into Small Pieces

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, combine (rinsed) berries, corn starch, 2/3 cups sugar, and vanilla. Stir and set aside.

In a separate bowl (or food processor) combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar, oats, pecans, dash of salt, and butter pieces. Cut together with a pastry cutter (or pulse in food processor) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

Add berry mixture to a small baking dish or pie pan. Sprinkle topping mixture all over the top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.

Allow to sit for ten minutes before serving. Scoop out with a spoon and top with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

1 comments:

LDP said...

Hey Amanda, this is Laura DePalma! ;) I tried this recipe, and it was delish! I added some cinnamon to the topping though! My boyfriend, Zack wanted me to say that using a wisk to crush up the topping worked well! (he didn't have a food processor) Hahah!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...