Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bacon and Cheese Quiche

This was my first quiche, and I quite enjoyed it. I used some Gouda cheese, and I definitely like the nuttiness it contributed. I've been debating on making another, but my aversion to scrambled eggs hasn't abated yet, so I'm holding off so I don't feel like I waste food. It was very easy to make, especially since I used a premade pie crust.

Recipe adapted from Southern Food and Tasty Kitchen

Filling
8 strips lean bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups half-and-half or whole milk
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese - I used 3/4 cup gouda and 3/4 cup cheddar
Salt and Pepper to taste
A sprig of fresh thyme

Bake crust for about 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Add bacon and cheese (use up to 1.5 cups if you like) to bottom of pie crust and toss together. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, thyme, and pepper. Pour into the baked crust. Crumble bacon over the top with the shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake at 375° for about 30 minutes, or until quiche filling is set and top is lightly browned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...