Saturday, August 27, 2011

Guacamole with Corn


It was pouring down rain when I made this, so I ended up boiling my corn. I think I would have enjoyed this much more if I grilled the corn. I also didn't have any fresh cilantro, so I used dried, it's not quite the same.

Recipe from Pioneer Woman

INGREDIENTS
3 ears Corn, Shucked
6 whole Avocados, Diced
1 whole Large Tomato, Diced
1/3 cup Onion, Finely Diced
2 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
2 Tablespoons Diced Fresh Jalapeno
1 whole Lime, Juiced
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves

DIRECTIONS

Grill corn until nice and golden, with good grill marks on the kernels. Allow to cool a bit, then cut the kernels off the cobs. Set aside.

Halve avocados and remove pit. Cut avocado into a dice inside the skin, then scoop out with a spoon.

In a bowl, combine corn kernels, diced avocados, diced tomato, jalapenos, minced garlic, lime juice, salt, and cumin. Stir gently to combine. Add cilantro and stir in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...