Sunday, August 14, 2011

Quinoa Caprese Salad

Inspired by How Sweet It Is

I love summer, having my own herb garden, getting fresh local produce at the farmers market, longer days--all of it but the heat. I've hopped on the quinoa train and I am so glad I did. This particular salad was delicious! I didn't make measurements, but I don't think there are many ways you could go wrong with this.

INGREDIENTS
Quinoa - prepare 1 dry cup as directed on packaging
1 container (I think pint) of cherry or grape tomatoes
About 5 stems (or more) of fresh basil, slivered
3/4 cup fresh mozzarella
Salt and Pepper to taste
Approximately 1/4 cup of oil (I think)
Approximately 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (Again, I didn't measure, tastes even better if it's reduced)

DIRECTIONS
Make quinoa as packaging instructs. I let mine cool.
Add remaining ingredients, mix, and enjoy. See how easy that was!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...