Monday, September 5, 2011

The Expected One

The Expected One (Magdalene Line Trilogy, #1)The Expected One by Kathleen McGowan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book brought out a fair number of thoughts/emotions in me. Briefly, the story is about Mary Magdalene and her place in Christianity. The book is written has fiction, but the author notes the main character reflects experiences the author has had. However, the McGowan wrote the story as fiction to protect her sources.

The idea of Mary Magdalene as wife of Jesus and mother of Jesus's children has been a hot topic for a few years now. Personally, this concept does not disturb me. The message McGowan portrayed through her book and Mary's roll in Christianity was very uplifting for me. I would love for this message and account to be factual. I think it would actually bring me closer to finding my faith again.

I've turned this review into a personal reflection, but that's what this book is about. I enjoyed the writing and was curious to see how the characters developed. I have the next book on audio and look forward to listening to it soon.
View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...