Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mushroom Spinach Pesto Pizza


When I first found out I was pregnant, and before I knew the pregnancy wasn't meant to be, I was on a spinach kick. I put it in everything. I wanted to give myself the most folate possible, originally prompting my interest in this pizza. You don't have to be pregnant to enjoy this pizza, however. I've since made it several more times and enjoyed it just as much! Plus, I think it's a great use for pesto.

This recipe was inspired by Clean Eating Magazine, June 2011 Issue, p21.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 pound mushrooms - I used baby bella
1.5-2 cups packed spinach
1/2 cup pesto
2/3 cup ricotta cheese
1 spring fresh oregano (optional)
4 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

1 precooked multigrain pizza crust - I tried Trader Joe's wheat pizza dough, and it definitely wasn't as yummy.

DIRECTIONS
1. Saute the mushrooms, spinach, salt, pepper with the olive oil (about 5 minutes)
2. Spread pizza crust with pesto
3. Top with sauted ingredients, top with spoonfuls of ricotta, sprinkle with oregano - I once left off the oregano, bad idea!
4. Bake 10-12 minutes
5. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...