Sunday, September 25, 2011

Went to Mass

For the past couple of Sunday's that I've had off, I've been telling myself I need to go to Mass. Today I finally found the motivation to do so. I think the best way to describe my experience today is "comfortable." Faith takes work. I know I don't believe in all of the Catholic Church's actions and beliefs, but right now, it's where I'm comfortable. It's the religion of my childhood.

A passage from the second reading resonates with me:
Do nothing out of selfishness or out of vainglory; rather, humbly regard others as more important than yourselves, each looking out not for his own interests, but also for those of others.
Phillipians 2:3

Faith takes work. I'm hoping I continue to find the motivation to work on mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...