Friday, August 10, 2012

A Dog and a Newborn

Last night was a rough night.  Joe was at work, so it was just me, the baby, and our dog. I don't think R2D2 likes when I eat seafood and I had seafood for lunch. She either nursed or cried for 3 hours straight. I even made a bottle of formula thinking she was starving and I wasn't producing enough. After an ounce of the bottle, she started screaming again, so that made me feel better at least; it wasn't only my milk that was making her upset. On top of that, the dog wanted something. At first I thought he needed to go potty. Nope. Then I thought he wanted me to throw his toy. Nope. I sat on the floor with him while nursing to try to help give him attention. Nope that wasn't it either. I felt helpless. I had before me two individuals I love and neither could tell me what was wrong. Fortunately R2D2 eventually fell asleep and we're having a much better morning today. I needed to do something relaxing for me this morning, so I made pancakes. It felt good.

Here's to a new day! (Plus Joe doesn't have to work tonight :) )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...