Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy 1 Month!

Wow, it's hard to believe R2D2 is one month old already. Yes, there were some long days, but overall it went fast, too fast. (Honestly, not too fast, I'm anxiously awaiting more head control and interaction, but I digress).

I'm fortunate enough to still be on maternity leave, so we had the opportunity for a mini photo shoot! I think the laundry basket photo is my favorite, well honestly, I love all of them. I love watching her facial expressions and hearing her start to realize she can make sounds other than crying.
We don't quite have a schedule yet.  Sometime she takes long morning naps, and other days it's afternoon naps.  Just when I try to do something, she changes her routine up.  We're continuing to breast feed and she's a champ!  The past two days I think she's been in a growth spurt because she's waking more at night to feed.  For about 3 days in a row she slept 5 hours at night.  I was in heaven.

She's still a little peanut, but has exceeded her birthweight, which makes Mommy happy.  My liquid gold is working!  She is still in size newborn clothing and diapers.  The onesie in this photo is a size 0-3 months, which is starting to fit her better.  At her 1 mos check up, she weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces and was 21 inches in length.

We've started to get out of the house more and R2D2 loves car rides!  She loves to be held when she's awake, which is increasing.  She enjoys the swing and vibrating chair, but not for more than 10-15 minutes if she's awake.  I have taken to using the Moby to try to get things done.  Bath time is hit or miss, but she loves the sound of running water!
And to close things, here is our first family portrait!  Love you! (Family photo taken by Lisa Marie Photography).

1 comments:

Amy said...

I love the family photo! Honestly things get so much more fun when they start interacting. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...