Thursday, August 30, 2012

Body Funk

Ok, yes I know I just had a baby about 6 weeks ago, but ugh; I'm feeling so frumpy.  At about two weeks post partum I was only about 5 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight.  Then I started doing some light exercise and I swear I gained weight.  Right now I feel like I'm always hungry.  I'm fluctuating between 7-9 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight.  Being 6 weeks out from giving birth, I know that's still good.  The thing is, I'm not feeling sexy or beautiful.  It probably doesn't help that I live in spandex or elastic waist bands.  While I can button my pre-pregnancy jeans, they're not comfortable.  I don't even want to talk about my shorts and how they don't fit.  See, the thing is, I had gained a little weight before getting pregnant and was just, and I mean just, fitting into my jeans and last summer I was dealing with my miscarriage, so I don't think I fit into my shorts then either.  Now that I'm even a couple more pounds heavier, my bottoms really don't fit well at all.  I sprung and bought a pair of jeans and a pair of shorts in the next size up.  They fit me, but I'm still coming to grips with the fact that I'm a size larger.  I shouldn't beat myself up about it though.  I'm breast feeding so I'm trying not to diet.  Heck, I hate dieting.  However, the past two weeks I have seriously overindulged in dessert.  I think that's truly why I'm feeling ugh.  I go back to work in one week, so I think I'm also doing some stress eating.  I don't like that I do that, but I do and at least I recognize it.  Here's to embracing my new size and trying to go back to eating fruit instead of ice cream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...