Friday, September 21, 2012

I'm a Breastfeeding Mom

I love that I'm able to breastfeed.  My milk has come in, the baby has a good latch, and we've been successfully breastfeeding for 2 months now.  Our relationship has changed since I have returned to work, but so far so good.  Breastfeeding is important to me and I'm learning a breastfeeding mom does what a breastfeeding mom needs to do.  It's an amazing feeling knowing that my body continues to provide all of R2D2's nourishment.  Our bodies really are wonderful things.
 I have pumped in a public bathroom at Camden Yards.  The ballpark did say I could use the family bathroom at guest services.  Yeah, not very nursing friendly.


I then proceeded to pay $4.50 for a cup of ice to store above pumped milk.  Yes, ridiculous.
 I have nursed in a fitting room, but the furniture section is much more comfortable!


In an effort to help spend as much time as possible with my little one, I occasionally pump while I drive.
 And the car's cup holders make a perfect place to store my milk for the rest of the drive home.
I've always found a place to pump at work, even if it's a patient room during our lunch break.

It's not always easy, but breastfeeding is important to me and I hope I'll continue to find ways to make it work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...