Monday, July 13, 2009

Attempted to Run

Yesterday I thought I'd giving running a try again. I had no intentions of a long or fast run and realized I'm not in running shape. I mostly wanted to do a slow 20 minute run to see how my knee felt running. Yeah, umm...5 minutes later my run turned into a walk. The knee pain wasn't excruciating or anything, but definitely there. I didn't want to add too much inflammation and impede my PT progress, so I decided to stop and not just run through the pain.

That being said, I'm still noticing a difference since starting physical therapy. My left calf and quad used to be painfully cramped for about 2 days after any cardio--that is much improved! I'm still having pain with activity, but not nearly as much. I've been pretty diligent with my exercises and I hope they continue to pay off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...