Monday, July 13, 2009

Dad and Robby Visit!

It seems Dad and Robby have made it a tradition to drive cross country for a week or two over the summer. Joe and I are very glad this includes a stop over in Omaha. With more time on our hands this summer, Joe and I have been more homesick than usual. Dad and Robby's trip made our week! (Too bad they ate the crab chips before reaching Omaha, though).

When Joe and I went home for Kristy and Lucas's wedding in May, Robby creamed Joe in Call of Duty. Since then, Joe had been practicing his war tactics and couldn't wait to play Robby. As soon as we found out they were definitely stopping by, Joe ran out and bought a second controller.




Look at how happy they are!


And Dad was just happy to get some rest. I offered our bed, but he declined.

Unfortunately Joe had to work, but I took a day off from studying and we went to the zoo. I was amazed at how much Joe and I had missed from our trip there just two weeks ago. Omaha really does have a great zoo.


As soon as we walked into the desert we noticed these vibrant birds flying around. They reminded up immediately of the Baltimore Orioles. Come to find out, this little bugger escaped from his "home."


This picture is more grainy than I like. For some reason, my camera could not pick up enough light in the rain forest.


Robby's growing his hair out for the summer...


I know this one is a little blurry, but it's the only one I have of the two of us from the zoo. I think Robby and I are starting to finally look like brother and sister.

The next day, we walked up to the trains that welcome you to Omaha from the East. I couldn't get over how big they were. If I'm bored one day, perhaps I'll try photoshopping me into the picture with Dad and Robby.


Yes, Robby's almost as tall as me, and I'm 5'10"!

And as in all good things, their visit must come to the end (and I must return to studying). That's ok though, Joe and I will be in Baltimore soon enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...