Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Year of Hair in Review

Please remind me to never dye my hair again. I like it at first, but I just don't have the time and money to maintain it. I've spent way too much of my time this year trying to get my hair back to it's natural color. So let's review the year...

June 2008 - au natural

July 2008
And here's my "married hair." This was my first highlighting job in years.

December 2008
And here was the "touch up" for the above highlights. I think they became a little too blond.

February 2009
And my first attempt to match the box. I thought I did pretty well until it faded and I noticed the below roots.

March 2009
This was at Kristy's shower. After this trip, tried box 2.

May 2009
After seeing this picture, I noticed roots (which were much more noticeable to me a couple months ago, than now...)

And so, after Kristy's wedding I decided I was tired of trying to match the box to my hair color. I thought I'd just do temporary dye until my hair grew out. That was until...


June 2009
I turned my hair red! I really don't know how "golden almond brown" made me
red. I thought it was no big deal since it was temporary color...well the picture on the right is after about 60 washes and it's still red!

That's when I decided it was time to pay my stylist to return to my natural color.

July 2009
It's definitely much darker than my natural color, but since we were covering blond, the stylist and I think it'll fade. I'm definitely still trying to get used to it. It's the darkest my hair's ever been. I think I'm done dying my hair for a while now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...