Sunday, April 22, 2012

Felt Flower Pins

Today we celebrated the upcoming marriage of this lovely couple. For all of our showers, the future bride volunteered to make rose pins out of ribbon for the bridesmaids and mothers. We couldn't not make some form of flower pin for her shower. Unfortunately, before she got engaged, she never gave any of us the directions as to how to make the pin. I thought I about taking one of mine part, but then I realized I didn't want to reinvent the wheel. Instead, I opted to go for the something that looked fairly simple and had a tutorial online.

I made these felt flowers using the tutorial found on The Crafted Sparrow. I used a hot glue gun, as instructed, but if I were going to make these for clothes or a head band, I probably would sew the felt instead. I used the template to make the rose and then I free-handed a leaf template. Glued the leaves to the back of the flower and then glued on a pin. Over all, I'm quite pleased at how they turned out.  Fortunately, the bride liked them just as much too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...