Thursday, April 5, 2012

Outhouses and Bathroom Remodel

A couple of months ago, I researched going to the Caribbean for a babymoon. We saved our wedding money for a honeymoon, which have yet to go on, so I thought it was a perfect time for a babymoon. The thing is, we're practical homeowners. We've really been wanting to redo our bathroom and that would cost a little more than we were going to spend on the baby moon. So, low and behold, we're redoing our bathroom. I had some great "before" photos on my camera that I lost, so we'll have to work with some mid-before.

There was a ton of wall paper that these pictures don't capture. If you're thinking about putting wall paper in your home, please don't! Your future home-buyers will thank you. Right now, our bathroom is completely gutted. I mean completely. Our toilet is hanging out in the the dining room.

We're fortunate to have another bathroom in the basement, but let me tell you, it's far in the middle of the night! Being pregnant I have to pee quite often. I can't remember the last time I slept through the night without waking up to pee. The past two nights I've grumbled about my trek downstairs, and then I remembered people used to have to go outside to pee. I couldn't imaging being pregnant and having an outhouse. I definitely think I would just keep a pail under my bed :p.

1 comments:

Amy said...

You'll have to share pictures when it's all done! I give you a lot of credit for tackling a bathroom remodel with a baby on the way. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...