Thursday, April 5, 2012

Out of Breath, and It's Going to Get Worse

I used to be quite in shape, then residency started and I haven't put working out back into my routine. I'm happy when I work out 3 times a week, but it's usually only twice and it's nothing near as strenuous as I used to do. While I miss being in shape, I know it's in my power to get back there and I just haven't had the motivation.

I'm starting to feel the effects of pregnancy though. I've never gotten short of breath walking up a flight of stairs. Well, today I am. I could blame it on working out less, but I'm still sticking to my 2-3 times a week, so the only thing that has really changed is me carrying R2D2. I hate this feeling. Tomorrow is my last work day of vacation, and I'm determined to do another work out this week. I'm not quite a sedentary person, but I guess not sitting still is not quite enough.

Any suggestions for rewarding myself when I do work out three times a week?

Oh, and here's a picture of our little gal. I'm happy today say I no longer have placenta previa, so here's hoping for a vaginal delivery! Joe doesn't like the 3D images, but I do like seeing her face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...