Saturday, March 5, 2011

Belgian Waffles


It's not an active search, but I am in search for the perfect waffle recipe. My darling hubby loves belgian waffles, but I don't make them nearly enough. With my schedule this year, it seems I'm only to try new recipes on my 1 or 2 weekends off a month, and sometimes I just want to sleep during those. But I digress and I'm starting to whine. A couple of weeks ago I gave these waffles a try. They're quite delicious, but I don't think they're quite "the one." I definitely love the buttermilk, but I think I want to find something just a tad bit sweeter. Heck, I may eventually just adapt this recipe sometime when I'm not working 80 hours a week.

Recipe from Tasty Kitchen

INGREDIENTS

* 2 whole Eggs (separated)
* 2 cups Milk Or Buttermilk
* 2 cups Flour
* 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
*1 Tablespoon Sugar
* ½ teaspoons Salt
* ⅓ cups Canola Oil

DIRECTIONS

Beat egg whites until stiff. In a separate large bowl, put remaining ingredients and beat on low with a hand mixer until moistened. Increase speed to medium and mix until smooth. By hand, gently fold in beaten egg whites. Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto hot waffle iron. Cook until lightly browned. Serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...