I have a slight obsession with anything Irish or Celtic and wanted to try something new for St. Patrick's Day. Dear hubby said it had too many vegetables, so he didn't try it. However, Dad was at our house over the weekend helping mount hubby's TV, so I rewarded him with some homemade stew. He definitely enjoyed it as well. There isn't anything special to this stew, but it tastes oh so delicious.
Recipe adapted from Your Irish
2 large onions - quartered
4 large Carrots - peeled and cut in large chunks
1 pound of stew beef
5 large potatoes - I could have used less - peels and quartered
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
32 ounces of beef stock
1 cup of water
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash and cut onions into moderate size chunks and add to the pot.
- Wash carrots and cut into chunks, some prefer thicker chucks for taste.
- Wash and peel the potatoes, cut each one in quarters
- Place meat and potatoes in large pot, cover with beef stock and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to boil then start adding the carrots and onions, keep on a low boil.