Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Work Out Commitment

It's hard to believe in high school I used to work out at least 2 hours a day for 5 days a week. Yes, I felt amazingly fit, but I know adult schedules just can't incorporate that commitment right now.

Up until I started residency, I was pretty good with doing some form of activity at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week. Residency sucked all energy out of me, well at first. I feel like I've adapted to the hours better now, and my body's craving physical activity. I'm realistic and realize I can't do as much as I used to, but I want to/need to do at least something.

Yesterday I decided to make a goal to work out 3 times a week over the next 4 weeks. It's hard to believe that means only 12 workouts, or approximately 6 hours of my life for the next four weeks. I've tried this before, and haven't been very successful, so I'm going to give myself a reward. I haven't decided what I want my reward to be. I'm thinking about a piece of Belleek Pottery or a new fun apron. I don't want to buy a new cooking tool because then I'll be tempted to use it and I'm trying not to gorge on sweets, and I'm sure that's what I'd make.

Hopefully posting this will make me more accountable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...