Sunday, January 18, 2009

30 degrees warm?!?

Never in my entire life would I think a temperature of 30 degrees Fahrenheit is warm. Last Thursday our high was -7 and that wasn't factoring in the windchill, which took it down to -24. A short walk from the parking lot to the hospital left me with tingling fingers to defrost. I could only imagine how cold the homeless were.

On top of it being freezing cold, I had a total blond moment. Tuesday I had ran out of windshield wiper fluid and I could only see if I manually wiped my windshield with a snow-moistened napkin. I finally mustered the courage to bear the cold long enough to refill my fluid. Well, I didn't check to see it's temperature range. I should have known I was in trouble when it started to ice over before I even closed the hood... Needless to say I still couldn't see out of my window. Fortunately it warmed up Saturday to 30 degrees and the fluid melted. It's supposed to be in the 30s the whole week, but I'll make sure to add freeze resistant fluid before it gets uber cold again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...