Sunday, January 4, 2009

New dSLR Camera

After spending hours upon hours looking at our wedding pictures and seeing the difference between my pos point and shoot and a dSLR I took the plunge and bought a Pentax k200D with my Christmas money. I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days, so I haven't had a chance to shoot a lot, but I did get some shots around the house. There is a lot I need to learn about getting great shots--focusing, white balance, etc... I also have to learn how to use a decent photo-editing software--even adobe elements isn't as iniutive as I thought it would be. I have a new respect for professional photographers, especially with how expensive their equipment is.

Here are a few shots from this weekend:

I wanted to start the New Year right with fresh flowers. I like this play with the colors of the flowers.


Playing around with the aperture settings...a nice shot of the fire house in Joe's train garden.



Playing with shutter speed and trying to get "motion" in the picture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...