Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I hate cutting onions!

Practically every one knows onions make your eyes water when you cut them. I guess I'm more sensitive than most of the population because I truly start crying when I cut onions. This weekend I saw an info-mercial for the Ninja. I don't have a Ninja, but my rents and I both have a magic bullet. I thought I'd give the magic bullet a try to chop the onions, but the info-mercial was right--it didn't work.

I've tried refrigerating the onions, but I still bawl. Oh well.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try quartering the onion and then letting it sit in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes or so. Tears are always pouring down my face when I chop onions and this helps. My husband gave me the tip - he worked in restaurants for years.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...