Wednesday, August 26, 2009

General Tso-Tso


I found the recipe on sparkpeople.com. I know it's the diet version, but the sauce didn't taste like General Tso at all. As Joe says, "it was so, so." I have vastly improved on my fried rice abilities though =). Overall, I'd give the dish a B, but not for imitating General Tso's. I probably won't be making this again.

Ingredients

1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp red pepper flakes
4 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium scallions, chopped
4 Tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
3 Tbsp splenda (or sugar)
3 Tbsp corn starch
1 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut ino bite size cubes
1.5 C chicken broth, low sodium
2 Tbsp vinegar

Directions

In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside.

Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, garlic and pepper and cook 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes.

Add reserved sauce and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.

Serve chicken and sauce over rice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...