Tuesday, August 18, 2009

MRI Results

Results are in, and they found something. It's bittersweet. At the very least I have an infrapatellar plica and small medial popliteal cyst. The cyst is likely secondary to the plica.

So it seems I have plica syndrome. I had never heard of it before, but the description completely fits my history of knee pain. My doc is on vacation this week, but I have an appointment to talk with him next week. Based on my research and talking with my physical therapist, it's likely I'll need surgery to remove the plica or else it will continue to become inflamed, hypertrophy, and cause pain. I'm not sure when I'll be able to have the surgery with my schedule, but hopefully before the end of the year since we've met our deductible for the year. I'm actually glad they found something so I can hopefully stop the pain and eventually be able to start running again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...