Thursday, August 6, 2009

Peanut Butter Bread


I'd give this a B+. I like my desserts sweet and my breakfasts more healthy, this was somewhere in between. It tasted yummy, but didn't really satisfy my desired choice of dessert or breakfast. I added chocolate chips (sorry didn't measure) and doubled the peanut butter. Joe said the nurses at his worked LOVED it though.

Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter (I used 2/3 cup)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup buttermilk
DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x4 inch baking pan.


2. Sift together flour, soda and salt. In a large bowl, cream sugar and peanut butter together. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour and milk alternately, beating until smooth after each addition. Spoon batter into prepared pan.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until well browned. Remove from the pan to cool. Store in a covered container.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...